Showing 1–9 of 30 results
21$ – 25$
- UAH: 550 грн - 650 грн
- EUR: 18€ - 21€
59$ – 82$
- UAH: 1,549 грн - 2,150 грн
- EUR: 51€ - 70€
52$ – 66$
- UAH: 1,379 грн - 1,750 грн
- EUR: 45€ - 57€
66$ – 104$
- UAH: 1,750 грн - 2,750 грн
- EUR: 57€ - 90€
44$ – 63$
- UAH: 1,150 грн - 1,650 грн
- EUR: 38€ - 54€
72$ – 190$
- UAH: 1,900 грн - 5,000 грн
- EUR: 62€ - 164€
The Tailor’s boards for the WHP.
Why do you need the Tailor’s boards for the WHP?
The Tailor’s boards for the WHP are used to give three-dimensional shapes to garment parts as well as to process different kinds of seams and to finally perfect end products. With a common flat ironing board, it is impossible to perform most of necessary complex operations whereas a wide array of them can be carried out with the Tailor’s Boards without applying any considerable efforts.
What kinds of the Tailor’s Boards are available and what operations can they be used for?
- Point Presser and Pounder – for pressing seam allowances open;
- Point Presser and Pounder with Slit for Hidden Zippers – for making neat and straight zippers on the face side of the garment;
- Point Presser and Pounder Small – for settling seam allowances on delicate fabrics as well as in hard-to-reach areas;
- Multipurpose Tailor’s Board Bigelbok – with 12 functional surfaces described in the product page on our web store;
- Tailor’s Board for Cuffs – for pressing cuffs and hard-to-reach narrow areas in a high-quality manner;
- Tailor’s Sleeve – for pressing sleeves, cuffs, and leg seams;
- Side Board (Composite Board) – for shrinking and retraction;
- Collar Board – for pressing collars, angles of all kinds, and rounded garment parts;
- Tailor’s Board Cup – for shaping bust protuberances as well as for the WHP of bra cups and corsets;
- Shoulder Tailor’s Board – for shaping and shrinking caps of set-in sleeves;
- Shoulder Tailor’s Board Silhouette – for the WHP of shoulder units and caps of set-in sleeves;
- Tailor’s Board Little Swine – for giving protuberant forms to garments (application: women’s clothing);
- Tailor’s Board Piggy – shaping silhouettes in men’s garments;
- Skirt Tailor’s Board – for the WHP of skirts;
- Tailor’s Board Bust Area Combined – for the WHP of bra cups, corsets, corsages, reliefs, bust, and waist darts;
- Tailor’s Board Raglan – pressing raglan and semi-raglan sleeves;
- Tailor’s Pegs – tucking in and turning out product parts with diverse geometrical forms;
- Card Fillet – for the WHP of velvet and “capricious” pile fabrics;
- Tailor’s Board Kyyanka – for whitening and tightening bulky seams in garment parts.
Who uses the Tailor’s Boards for the WHP?
The Tailor’s Boards for the WHP are commonly used: at factories in series production, at sewing workshops, in tailor shops or for sewing made-to-measure garments at home. In each of those cases, sewers need specially equipped workplaces to effectively perform dress-making operations. Along with the common furniture and equipment, such as tables, chairs, sewing and overlock machines, and maybe some kinds of footrests and other auxiliary furniture, sewing tools are the main means of production at the workplace. The Tailor’s Boards for the WHP take pride of place among them.
What is the WHP?
The WHP (wet-heat processing) means the treatment of garment parts with moisture, steam, and pressure by means of special tools.
By exposing garment parts to temperature and steam while placing them in a particular way on the Tailor’s boards for the WHP, it is possible to give a required three-dimensional final shape to them as well as to remove uneven and crumpled areas appeared on materials used for producing workpieces and parts.
When used, the Tailor’s Boards for the WHP significantly speed up the manufacturing process while increasing the labour productivity and, of course, ensuring a high-quality performing of sewing operations, without creating any additional workload for sewers and, on the contrary, reducing the workload for them.
15 to 25% of all work efforts in the garment manufacture fall at the wet-heat processing (WHP). In particular cases, the share of such operations can significantly exceed the above-mentioned figures.
That’s exactly why the Tailor’s Boards for the WHP, their variety, usability, and manufacturing quality play an essential role for all those who is engaged in the dress-making business.